Skip to main content

Would you choose to be average or a famous person?


















It is not easy to be famous. You want to reach the top of the world, but still, you are not the only one. Competition is tough, some would like to cross over the corpse just to gain success. Nowadays things are getting more harder. Taboo is not something that will raise the dust. Everyone knows about naked bodies in "Playboy", about porno movies which are stolen and published, about relations with married men and women, it is not forbidden to act promiscuous and homosexual. 

Your album is not sold? Your book is not popular? Do something to pull fans on your side. otherwise, you are broke.

So, what to do to make more attention and more admiration and to make our fame bigger?



Serbian model Mina Milenković got an original idea, how to play the role of victim. She lied that she is kidnapped and raped. It would make a double effect: victim in the eyes of publicity and more famous because she was so strong to handle such serious troubles.

 A game with the law is not a childish game, so her lies were discovered. It is like in the case when the child calls the school with the explanation "Here is the bomb, it will explode for one hour." All with purpose, that child doesn't want to be on the exam that day. Mina indeed had a conflict with an ex-boyfriend, so she made a story to cover herself. Medical documentation did not show the track on her body so she had no proof about rape. She had only scratched in her face. Sources said that she was drunk in the night club and security throw her out. Then she disappeared and after this, she made a story. Dealing with the law is not a joke, so Mina got punishment. She will clean public toilets to do something useful for the community. Press will write about this and in some way, she got the score.

It is not easy to be celebrity because everyone can follow our steps. 

Private fights become public. 
All ugly things in relation and marriage swim out.

Private relations are exposed as a reality show. 

I have been watching you is greeting instead of hello. 
You want to drink coffee and already journalists see a stain on your shirt and zoom.

If we want to hide something or lie, we can be discovered as in this case.




When you look at things from this side, mediocre is an advantage. Nobody will ask why I drink coffee without sugar in the morning and where I will buy groceries for dinner. I can sneeze without problems that someone will take a photo of my face. I don't need to walk around to search and find paparazzi in the bush. I can drink coffee with my friend and the press will not ask are we in relation. 

Woody Allen made an interesting movie about 24 hours of glory. The man got used to being famous, and when all attention is gone, nobody cared for him. It was the message, fame will not last forever unless you did really something historical.



Popular posts from this blog

Should we respond to negative reviews?

Recently I had a discussion in my social media about negative ratings. There was a situation in Goodreads, where I got two negative reviews on my two books. The point was in the way how the ratings were set up. First rating for my book "Body in the waves" was placed under 5-star review from another reviewer. While the reviewer praising my book, the troll came under to say "This is really bad book." Second rating was described as " Poor author needs writing lessons." Both reviews broke standards of reviewing, because there is no visible evidence that book was downloaded in Kindle unlimited or purchased. It was a clear troll act from a new page, without a profile photo and with a nickname. I reported this to Goodreads and they responded me they are processing this. Meanwhile, I heard from other authors that Goodreads failed to do anything about trolling.  In these terms, Goodreads should delete such profiles and forbid the access because of breaking rules. T...

Why the refund is damaging indie authors?

I understand someone can be disappointed with a book. It is like I was disapointed with my trousers online and returned it. What makes a difference, my trousers were 40 euros. The book was 2.49 cents. This makes return funny, because what can you do with this money? Some readers don't understand story behind the refund. The author will get minus royalties. - 0.13 c in my Kindle report, that will vanish when someone else buy the book. The situation happens. Someone accidentaly clicked and bought a book. A random customer wants a refund. Maybe it was not a random move. Maybe the customer clicked, bought and did not like the book. When you don't like the book choose another options, instead of damaging authors. Write a negative review. Write negative one star rating. Don't purchase another books from this author. Or, maybe to reconsider and read it, again? If you write negative reviews or rate it with 1 or 2 stars, you are making a favor to authors. You are moving algorithms i...

Five myths about promo sites

Recently I asked for a featured Bookbub deal for one of my books. I got response that my book should be free priced and my expense would be 230 dollars. This is really funny, because I could expect people grab my book for free and give me one star (as it happens when books are available for everyone). To pay such amount of money would be waste and without a purpose. I am mix of traditional and indie author. Having a publisher, but not bestseller books, I am looking for ways to increase my book sales. Promo sites like Bookbub are very expensive and they offer their deals for 25% books from authors who applied for this. I had an insight to author's books who grabbed Bookbub deals. It works will authors who are already selling a good amount of their books. In general, promo sites are not working for favor of indie authors. These are five myths about promo sites: Promo sites give many readers. It is not true, because you will get visibility and many trolls, but not readers. Promo sites...