Skip to main content

Did you give fake excuses and broken promises?






So much talk, fewer deeds, and actions - this is the golden rule in every relation. People who make many promises cannot realize all, and instead of realization, you will get excuses. 



Arthur was never a man of too many words. He said to his wife Lena "I love you too" and the rest was unnecessary for him. Lena wanted a more romantic man, with candles and flowers, but Arthur was a working man, and his love was firm and stable, but not like in fairy tales.

They separated because Lena wanted to live like in romance novels, with deep passion in the heart, and to be wild and spontaneous. So her next husband Victor was really a master of imagination. But unfortunately, he was without a job and all financial burden was on Lena's wallet. He promised to find a job soon, but that soon was long term, it last for years. And when Lena got angry, he said:

- Sorry, but I had no luck in searching job. All this is not good for me. I am not a manual worker, I am not for office because I am allergic to dust and that annoying people are disturbing to my nerves.

Lena had a big regret because of Arthur, but it was no way back. Arthur gets married to another woman who appreciated his stability and his deeds.

Promises are nice, but everyone can make good promises. How to realize it, this is another part of the story. If you think too much, you will always stand in one place. There will be no progress, just pending time. As much you will delay, your aim will be farther away from you. 

So make promises when you can make a good realization immediately. That will be fair to other people. Promises are worthy only if you once in past did something exactly how you imagined. When promises are filled, trust is here. 





First disappointments develop in childhood. 

Father has promised you to play basketball, but he never had enough time. You lost trust in him and promises are something painful for you. They are worse then lies because lies are easy to discover. Life-based on promises is just a fairy tale without a happy end. So, before this balloon explodes in front of your nose, learn to lean on people who filled their promises before. Secret pledge, your blood is mine blood and we will always count on each other. That words are a saint to those who know how to stick together. In that case, promise really means something.

Popular posts from this blog

Should we respond to negative reviews?

Recently I had a discussion in my social media about negative ratings. There was a situation in Goodreads, where I got two negative reviews on my two books. The point was in the way how the ratings were set up. First rating for my book "Body in the waves" was placed under 5-star review from another reviewer. While the reviewer praising my book, the troll came under to say "This is really bad book." Second rating was described as " Poor author needs writing lessons." Both reviews broke standards of reviewing, because there is no visible evidence that book was downloaded in Kindle unlimited or purchased. It was a clear troll act from a new page, without a profile photo and with a nickname. I reported this to Goodreads and they responded me they are processing this. Meanwhile, I heard from other authors that Goodreads failed to do anything about trolling.  In these terms, Goodreads should delete such profiles and forbid the access because of breaking rules. T...

Why the refund is damaging indie authors?

I understand someone can be disappointed with a book. It is like I was disapointed with my trousers online and returned it. What makes a difference, my trousers were 40 euros. The book was 2.49 cents. This makes return funny, because what can you do with this money? Some readers don't understand story behind the refund. The author will get minus royalties. - 0.13 c in my Kindle report, that will vanish when someone else buy the book. The situation happens. Someone accidentaly clicked and bought a book. A random customer wants a refund. Maybe it was not a random move. Maybe the customer clicked, bought and did not like the book. When you don't like the book choose another options, instead of damaging authors. Write a negative review. Write negative one star rating. Don't purchase another books from this author. Or, maybe to reconsider and read it, again? If you write negative reviews or rate it with 1 or 2 stars, you are making a favor to authors. You are moving algorithms i...

Five myths about promo sites

Recently I asked for a featured Bookbub deal for one of my books. I got response that my book should be free priced and my expense would be 230 dollars. This is really funny, because I could expect people grab my book for free and give me one star (as it happens when books are available for everyone). To pay such amount of money would be waste and without a purpose. I am mix of traditional and indie author. Having a publisher, but not bestseller books, I am looking for ways to increase my book sales. Promo sites like Bookbub are very expensive and they offer their deals for 25% books from authors who applied for this. I had an insight to author's books who grabbed Bookbub deals. It works will authors who are already selling a good amount of their books. In general, promo sites are not working for favor of indie authors. These are five myths about promo sites: Promo sites give many readers. It is not true, because you will get visibility and many trolls, but not readers. Promo sites...