Skip to main content

What is a blog without haters?





You never know who is reading your blog. Maybe you think you are unnoticed because millions of bloggers are in a blogosphere trying to make a success. Maybe you think you will hide between many posts which jump every day on the internet. I thought too.

Then I found out that someone I know from reality reads my blog. He said to someone else: "I follow her every day. This is so stupid to read." And another person said: " I think that is very interesting. She has an attitude. She doesn't use a sugar coating."  

Well, if something I don't like, I don't read or listen or follow.  For example, I don't listen to Shakira and I don't follow her on social networks. I will not say she is stupid. Her music is not my type of music, so I ignore it.

So they might divide your fan zone. If someone follows you and criticizes you, he is still a fan. A bad advertisement is still a promotion.

People will use your page to try an act of revenge if you kick them from your Facebook. I had an example when the guy wrote my posts: " Thanks for deleting me. Why? " He entered a flirt zone, so it was not professional. Or when a woman said: " I will share your photos in Photoshop on your page. " It was the old woman who was jealous cause her boyfriend called me. That was a soap opera.

As you know, on the internet are some freaks.


Sometimes you will solve problems. 

Sometimes you will recommend them expert help. 

Or you will ignore them and move on.

When you have haters, you are noticed. They think about what you write. Maybe they recognize their life in your stories. Maybe they are envious cause they have no talent. Maybe they want to get revenge cause you rejected their offer to flirt or chat. Remember, if someone follows and provokes you, he or she is a hidden fan.

I would like to hear about your experience with haters.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Should we respond to negative reviews?

Recently I had a discussion in my social media about negative ratings. There was a situation in Goodreads, where I got two negative reviews on my two books. The point was in the way how the ratings were set up. First rating for my book "Body in the waves" was placed under 5-star review from another reviewer. While the reviewer praising my book, the troll came under to say "This is really bad book." Second rating was described as " Poor author needs writing lessons." Both reviews broke standards of reviewing, because there is no visible evidence that book was downloaded in Kindle unlimited or purchased. It was a clear troll act from a new page, without a profile photo and with a nickname. I reported this to Goodreads and they responded me they are processing this. Meanwhile, I heard from other authors that Goodreads failed to do anything about trolling.  In these terms, Goodreads should delete such profiles and forbid the access because of breaking rules. T...

Why the refund is damaging indie authors?

I understand someone can be disappointed with a book. It is like I was disapointed with my trousers online and returned it. What makes a difference, my trousers were 40 euros. The book was 2.49 cents. This makes return funny, because what can you do with this money? Some readers don't understand story behind the refund. The author will get minus royalties. - 0.13 c in my Kindle report, that will vanish when someone else buy the book. The situation happens. Someone accidentaly clicked and bought a book. A random customer wants a refund. Maybe it was not a random move. Maybe the customer clicked, bought and did not like the book. When you don't like the book choose another options, instead of damaging authors. Write a negative review. Write negative one star rating. Don't purchase another books from this author. Or, maybe to reconsider and read it, again? If you write negative reviews or rate it with 1 or 2 stars, you are making a favor to authors. You are moving algorithms i...

Five myths about promo sites

Recently I asked for a featured Bookbub deal for one of my books. I got response that my book should be free priced and my expense would be 230 dollars. This is really funny, because I could expect people grab my book for free and give me one star (as it happens when books are available for everyone). To pay such amount of money would be waste and without a purpose. I am mix of traditional and indie author. Having a publisher, but not bestseller books, I am looking for ways to increase my book sales. Promo sites like Bookbub are very expensive and they offer their deals for 25% books from authors who applied for this. I had an insight to author's books who grabbed Bookbub deals. It works will authors who are already selling a good amount of their books. In general, promo sites are not working for favor of indie authors. These are five myths about promo sites: Promo sites give many readers. It is not true, because you will get visibility and many trolls, but not readers. Promo sites...