Skip to main content

Who are male gold diggers?




If you see the word "gold digger", the first vision is a woman. She is young, beautiful, and an opportunist. She wishes to find a rich man who will take care of her expenses so she will not need to work. It is not a rarity that some young women fight for the older man who is rich, because they wish to live a comfortable life.

What would you say about a man in this role? I am not talking about gigolos who ask for payment for sexual service. I talk about men who marry rich women for money.

Recently a person X said to me he will marry.  He described his intention with these words: "My girlfriend is driving BMW. She is from a rich family. I wish to travel around so this is my plan."
"How about love?" - I asked.
"I respect her. Love is... something else."

He shamelessly admitted that he will marry for money. He will be a gold digger. A man who marries for money and wealth, without love is the opportunist. She loves me, so why not?
"I will do what I want, anyway." He added, so I assume that means cheating, too.

How does someone sell his soul to the devil, to enter a golden hell and realize his desires?
To be honest, life with a big amount of money is attractive. You can buy anything you wish. You can go anywhere.

Well, there are values without the price. You can't buy:
Loyalty.
Honesty.
Love.
Respect.
Devotion.

Instead of these values, what do you get with money?
Cheating.
Illusion.
Deception.
Lies.

If you are a gold digger, you must know it could replace you. Rich people are not stupid. They know what they buy. They could replace you if you can't fit in if you don't listen to orders. They can make an act of revenge.

So I just said: "Well, good luck then. You will need it."

Maybe someone kicks him out from running a car. Or his wife would cheat him. As he said, love is something else. You can travel with your partner in an expensive car, but your mind could be elsewhere. Maybe, with someone, you shared real love before you married for money.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Should we respond to negative reviews?

Recently I had a discussion in my social media about negative ratings. There was a situation in Goodreads, where I got two negative reviews on my two books. The point was in the way how the ratings were set up. First rating for my book "Body in the waves" was placed under 5-star review from another reviewer. While the reviewer praising my book, the troll came under to say "This is really bad book." Second rating was described as " Poor author needs writing lessons." Both reviews broke standards of reviewing, because there is no visible evidence that book was downloaded in Kindle unlimited or purchased. It was a clear troll act from a new page, without a profile photo and with a nickname. I reported this to Goodreads and they responded me they are processing this. Meanwhile, I heard from other authors that Goodreads failed to do anything about trolling.  In these terms, Goodreads should delete such profiles and forbid the access because of breaking rules. T...

Why the refund is damaging indie authors?

I understand someone can be disappointed with a book. It is like I was disapointed with my trousers online and returned it. What makes a difference, my trousers were 40 euros. The book was 2.49 cents. This makes return funny, because what can you do with this money? Some readers don't understand story behind the refund. The author will get minus royalties. - 0.13 c in my Kindle report, that will vanish when someone else buy the book. The situation happens. Someone accidentaly clicked and bought a book. A random customer wants a refund. Maybe it was not a random move. Maybe the customer clicked, bought and did not like the book. When you don't like the book choose another options, instead of damaging authors. Write a negative review. Write negative one star rating. Don't purchase another books from this author. Or, maybe to reconsider and read it, again? If you write negative reviews or rate it with 1 or 2 stars, you are making a favor to authors. You are moving algorithms i...

Five myths about promo sites

Recently I asked for a featured Bookbub deal for one of my books. I got response that my book should be free priced and my expense would be 230 dollars. This is really funny, because I could expect people grab my book for free and give me one star (as it happens when books are available for everyone). To pay such amount of money would be waste and without a purpose. I am mix of traditional and indie author. Having a publisher, but not bestseller books, I am looking for ways to increase my book sales. Promo sites like Bookbub are very expensive and they offer their deals for 25% books from authors who applied for this. I had an insight to author's books who grabbed Bookbub deals. It works will authors who are already selling a good amount of their books. In general, promo sites are not working for favor of indie authors. These are five myths about promo sites: Promo sites give many readers. It is not true, because you will get visibility and many trolls, but not readers. Promo sites...