Skip to main content

Horror writers: About Tim Mendees

 


Let me represent you today someone special. 

Tim Mendees is a horror writer from Macclesfield in the North-West of England that specializes in cosmic horror and weird fiction. He has had over seventy published stories in anthologies and magazines with publishers all over the world. His debut Lovecraftian novella, Burning Reflection is out now from Mannison Press.

When he is not arguing with the spellchecker, Tim is a goth DJ, crustacean, and cephalopod enthusiast, and the presenter of a popular web series of live video readings of his material and interviews with fellow authors. He currently lives in Brighton & Hove with his pet crab, Gerald, and an army of stuffed octopods.

The important links to connect:


https://timmendeeswriter.wordpress.com/

https://tinyurl.com/timmendeesyoutube

https://www.facebook.com/goatinthemachine


My review for his book "Burning reflection".

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08LZRKVXR/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&geniuslink=true


Welcome to the Twilight zone. This book reminds me of horror stories in the Twilight zone and Hitchock movies. The main character, Aiden, wishes to discover what happened to his uncle. Mirrors in the house are covered, and Aiden remembers a line of numbers from his childhood that uncle repeated like a mantra. 
He had phobias and a kind of evil possessed him. Through the story, we meet different characters, Mr. Gittings, that reminds me of the housekeeper in "Rebecca" movie, dr. Lester took care of his uncle before he died, and maid Kirsten. The story is made with scales of fear and creeps, I wonder with every chapter what will happen and what is indeed the secret.
This is complex horror, the content is about myths, numerology, paranormal, and metaphysic, but it leads the reader through unknown mysteries and unpredictable ends.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Should we respond to negative reviews?

Recently I had a discussion in my social media about negative ratings. There was a situation in Goodreads, where I got two negative reviews on my two books. The point was in the way how the ratings were set up. First rating for my book "Body in the waves" was placed under 5-star review from another reviewer. While the reviewer praising my book, the troll came under to say "This is really bad book." Second rating was described as " Poor author needs writing lessons." Both reviews broke standards of reviewing, because there is no visible evidence that book was downloaded in Kindle unlimited or purchased. It was a clear troll act from a new page, without a profile photo and with a nickname. I reported this to Goodreads and they responded me they are processing this. Meanwhile, I heard from other authors that Goodreads failed to do anything about trolling.  In these terms, Goodreads should delete such profiles and forbid the access because of breaking rules. T...

Why the refund is damaging indie authors?

I understand someone can be disappointed with a book. It is like I was disapointed with my trousers online and returned it. What makes a difference, my trousers were 40 euros. The book was 2.49 cents. This makes return funny, because what can you do with this money? Some readers don't understand story behind the refund. The author will get minus royalties. - 0.13 c in my Kindle report, that will vanish when someone else buy the book. The situation happens. Someone accidentaly clicked and bought a book. A random customer wants a refund. Maybe it was not a random move. Maybe the customer clicked, bought and did not like the book. When you don't like the book choose another options, instead of damaging authors. Write a negative review. Write negative one star rating. Don't purchase another books from this author. Or, maybe to reconsider and read it, again? If you write negative reviews or rate it with 1 or 2 stars, you are making a favor to authors. You are moving algorithms i...

Five myths about promo sites

Recently I asked for a featured Bookbub deal for one of my books. I got response that my book should be free priced and my expense would be 230 dollars. This is really funny, because I could expect people grab my book for free and give me one star (as it happens when books are available for everyone). To pay such amount of money would be waste and without a purpose. I am mix of traditional and indie author. Having a publisher, but not bestseller books, I am looking for ways to increase my book sales. Promo sites like Bookbub are very expensive and they offer their deals for 25% books from authors who applied for this. I had an insight to author's books who grabbed Bookbub deals. It works will authors who are already selling a good amount of their books. In general, promo sites are not working for favor of indie authors. These are five myths about promo sites: Promo sites give many readers. It is not true, because you will get visibility and many trolls, but not readers. Promo sites...