Skip to main content

How to use a big number of followers for promotion?





Everyone wants to have a big number of followers. It is familiar how some famous persons bought followers, to increase their popularity.
Having many followers doesn't mean that everyone will support you. If my 10.230 followers bought my book on Twitter, I would be very happy.

To see beyond the surface, think about why people follow you:

You have a nice profile photo. Guys want to flirt, and women might think you are popular, so they want to be in your crew.

If you are a writer, book promoters, cover creators and editors want to earn money on you.

Other authors want to offer you their books, to buy them.

Trolls have interest too, in spamming your page, wanting to sell you lies, and spreading viruses on your computer.

Desperate men who can't find a partner, in reality, try to get a connection with you.

I know, it doesn't sound like a fairy tale. It sounds like a nightmare.

Well, how to use your big number of followers in the best interest?

Talk to them in public. Open a status, ask them what they think about books, reading, and you will get answers from people who are interested in your area of interest, it means writing and books.

Retweet other's posts. They will return you and share your work too.

Comment on others' posts. It will pull attention to your page, you might connect with people who will support you.

Unfollow people who talk only about their interests, try to spam you or sell you their stuff.

Block people who annoy you.

Use your private messages only if you know the person if you interacted with people in public. Private talk is never good at first sight.

Talk about other things, not only about your books. Ask your followers how they feel, about their dreams and aims.

Don't be negative or desperate, don't spread a speech of hate or discrimination.

Remember: a big number of followers doesn't sell the book, but interaction with people does. You never know who can click on your link.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Should we respond to negative reviews?

Recently I had a discussion in my social media about negative ratings. There was a situation in Goodreads, where I got two negative reviews on my two books. The point was in the way how the ratings were set up. First rating for my book "Body in the waves" was placed under 5-star review from another reviewer. While the reviewer praising my book, the troll came under to say "This is really bad book." Second rating was described as " Poor author needs writing lessons." Both reviews broke standards of reviewing, because there is no visible evidence that book was downloaded in Kindle unlimited or purchased. It was a clear troll act from a new page, without a profile photo and with a nickname. I reported this to Goodreads and they responded me they are processing this. Meanwhile, I heard from other authors that Goodreads failed to do anything about trolling.  In these terms, Goodreads should delete such profiles and forbid the access because of breaking rules. T...

Why the refund is damaging indie authors?

I understand someone can be disappointed with a book. It is like I was disapointed with my trousers online and returned it. What makes a difference, my trousers were 40 euros. The book was 2.49 cents. This makes return funny, because what can you do with this money? Some readers don't understand story behind the refund. The author will get minus royalties. - 0.13 c in my Kindle report, that will vanish when someone else buy the book. The situation happens. Someone accidentaly clicked and bought a book. A random customer wants a refund. Maybe it was not a random move. Maybe the customer clicked, bought and did not like the book. When you don't like the book choose another options, instead of damaging authors. Write a negative review. Write negative one star rating. Don't purchase another books from this author. Or, maybe to reconsider and read it, again? If you write negative reviews or rate it with 1 or 2 stars, you are making a favor to authors. You are moving algorithms i...

Five myths about promo sites

Recently I asked for a featured Bookbub deal for one of my books. I got response that my book should be free priced and my expense would be 230 dollars. This is really funny, because I could expect people grab my book for free and give me one star (as it happens when books are available for everyone). To pay such amount of money would be waste and without a purpose. I am mix of traditional and indie author. Having a publisher, but not bestseller books, I am looking for ways to increase my book sales. Promo sites like Bookbub are very expensive and they offer their deals for 25% books from authors who applied for this. I had an insight to author's books who grabbed Bookbub deals. It works will authors who are already selling a good amount of their books. In general, promo sites are not working for favor of indie authors. These are five myths about promo sites: Promo sites give many readers. It is not true, because you will get visibility and many trolls, but not readers. Promo sites...