Skip to main content

Featuring author Martin J. Best



Today I am featuring an awesome author Martin J. Best. His stories about ghost hunting captured my interest.

A short biography:
Born in 1965, Martin J. Best is a native of Torquay, on the UK's English Riviera, where he grew up in an actively haunted house. He has had a varied work life, including many years running his own mobile disco business, and is now fulfilling a life-long dream to write full-time. When not working, he enjoys listening to a wide variety of music, ghost hunting, and walking/trail running with his dogs Shadow and Raven – a Northern Inuit and a Groenendael.

 

Much of the action in Martin’s character-driven paranormal stories are set in and around his hometown, the use of genuine locations giving his meticulous world building an unpretentious authenticity.


The Moth Trap - https://1books2read.com/u/b5QLak

A Step Aside – https://books2read.com/u/4AxNPK

The Novice Ghost Hunter - https://books2read.com/u/47X827

Ghost Hunter I: A Matter of Faith - https://books2read.com/u/m0Vx2Y

Ghost Hunter II: Of Gods and Ghosts – https://books2read.com/u/mlW5nY

Ghost Hunter III: Blood Ties – https://books2read.com/u/mdlNrl

Ghost Hunter IV: Remnants and Revenants – https://books2read.com/u/bzjaQZ

Ghost Hunter V: Pariahs – https://books2read.com/u/3Lg9eN

Ghost Hunter VI: Occultus - https://books2read.com/u/47NYoN

Ghost Hunter: The Story So Far - https://books2read.com/u/b5ZM9w


My review for A step aside:




This story starts as an ordinary trip to the forest. Stewart, the main character reveals something weird in the chapel. Meeting Cooper, a man who is searching history and his companions, he found out about Pagan's roots in this place. When he touches fatal carvings, he will meet Brigid who is a leader of some kind of cult. His troubles just begin, and he just wants to get back to his wife and daughter.
This is the second time I read this author and it won't be the last. Martin Best has the talent to attract the reader with a smooth story and unexpected twist, so you will not know when the terror begins. Through the myths, history, and horror characters he will show you the lecture that is not good to research dark, dangerous secrets.
The punishments in ancient times were cruel, and there was no way to negotiate.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Should we respond to negative reviews?

Recently I had a discussion in my social media about negative ratings. There was a situation in Goodreads, where I got two negative reviews on my two books. The point was in the way how the ratings were set up. First rating for my book "Body in the waves" was placed under 5-star review from another reviewer. While the reviewer praising my book, the troll came under to say "This is really bad book." Second rating was described as " Poor author needs writing lessons." Both reviews broke standards of reviewing, because there is no visible evidence that book was downloaded in Kindle unlimited or purchased. It was a clear troll act from a new page, without a profile photo and with a nickname. I reported this to Goodreads and they responded me they are processing this. Meanwhile, I heard from other authors that Goodreads failed to do anything about trolling.  In these terms, Goodreads should delete such profiles and forbid the access because of breaking rules. T...

Why the refund is damaging indie authors?

I understand someone can be disappointed with a book. It is like I was disapointed with my trousers online and returned it. What makes a difference, my trousers were 40 euros. The book was 2.49 cents. This makes return funny, because what can you do with this money? Some readers don't understand story behind the refund. The author will get minus royalties. - 0.13 c in my Kindle report, that will vanish when someone else buy the book. The situation happens. Someone accidentaly clicked and bought a book. A random customer wants a refund. Maybe it was not a random move. Maybe the customer clicked, bought and did not like the book. When you don't like the book choose another options, instead of damaging authors. Write a negative review. Write negative one star rating. Don't purchase another books from this author. Or, maybe to reconsider and read it, again? If you write negative reviews or rate it with 1 or 2 stars, you are making a favor to authors. You are moving algorithms i...

Five myths about promo sites

Recently I asked for a featured Bookbub deal for one of my books. I got response that my book should be free priced and my expense would be 230 dollars. This is really funny, because I could expect people grab my book for free and give me one star (as it happens when books are available for everyone). To pay such amount of money would be waste and without a purpose. I am mix of traditional and indie author. Having a publisher, but not bestseller books, I am looking for ways to increase my book sales. Promo sites like Bookbub are very expensive and they offer their deals for 25% books from authors who applied for this. I had an insight to author's books who grabbed Bookbub deals. It works will authors who are already selling a good amount of their books. In general, promo sites are not working for favor of indie authors. These are five myths about promo sites: Promo sites give many readers. It is not true, because you will get visibility and many trolls, but not readers. Promo sites...