Skip to main content

7 ways how to sell your book





The book is done. It is published on Kindle and all you need is to sell it. That is the hardest part, because how to sell a book when millions of indie authors want to do the same? How to make your book visible? How to make your story jump out from others?

I will mention seven ways I used to sell my books. It doesn't work the same way for everyone.

Promoting your book on social media. Share your link on Twitter, Facebook, Tik Tok, Instagram, and Pinterest. You never know who will see it. It is recommended to make a good, professional cover because buyers will buy a product that looks like a real book from the library.

Make a selfie or video with your book. People like videos, living images, and trailers, so do it on Tik Tok or Instagram to make your own marketing.

You can do a paid promotion on professional sites for book sales. These promotions have variable costs, depending on genre, you can invest 10, 20, or 50 dollars to promote your book on their site and share it in their newsletter.

Your newsletter. Make your own newsletter, and share a free story or one chapter to make the interest of your subscribers. It is desirable to gain as many subscribers as you can. 

Buy the book from other authors. You never know, they might return your favor.

Make a blog post about your book, and share your link there.

Make a book sale door to door, a direct sale. It means you will negotiate through your private messages with people to whom you wish to sell your book. In this case, be careful. It is recommended you know the person, you communicated with before you offered your product. 

If you are communicating with total strangers, and your first interaction sounds like "hey, purchase my book", there are big chances you might get blocked.



The main rules when you make your book sale:

Be patient.

Don't force your buyers.

Don't make big expectations.

Be happy with a small number of sales, an average indie author doesn't earn much money.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Should we respond to negative reviews?

Recently I had a discussion in my social media about negative ratings. There was a situation in Goodreads, where I got two negative reviews on my two books. The point was in the way how the ratings were set up. First rating for my book "Body in the waves" was placed under 5-star review from another reviewer. While the reviewer praising my book, the troll came under to say "This is really bad book." Second rating was described as " Poor author needs writing lessons." Both reviews broke standards of reviewing, because there is no visible evidence that book was downloaded in Kindle unlimited or purchased. It was a clear troll act from a new page, without a profile photo and with a nickname. I reported this to Goodreads and they responded me they are processing this. Meanwhile, I heard from other authors that Goodreads failed to do anything about trolling.  In these terms, Goodreads should delete such profiles and forbid the access because of breaking rules. T...

Why the refund is damaging indie authors?

I understand someone can be disappointed with a book. It is like I was disapointed with my trousers online and returned it. What makes a difference, my trousers were 40 euros. The book was 2.49 cents. This makes return funny, because what can you do with this money? Some readers don't understand story behind the refund. The author will get minus royalties. - 0.13 c in my Kindle report, that will vanish when someone else buy the book. The situation happens. Someone accidentaly clicked and bought a book. A random customer wants a refund. Maybe it was not a random move. Maybe the customer clicked, bought and did not like the book. When you don't like the book choose another options, instead of damaging authors. Write a negative review. Write negative one star rating. Don't purchase another books from this author. Or, maybe to reconsider and read it, again? If you write negative reviews or rate it with 1 or 2 stars, you are making a favor to authors. You are moving algorithms i...

Five myths about promo sites

Recently I asked for a featured Bookbub deal for one of my books. I got response that my book should be free priced and my expense would be 230 dollars. This is really funny, because I could expect people grab my book for free and give me one star (as it happens when books are available for everyone). To pay such amount of money would be waste and without a purpose. I am mix of traditional and indie author. Having a publisher, but not bestseller books, I am looking for ways to increase my book sales. Promo sites like Bookbub are very expensive and they offer their deals for 25% books from authors who applied for this. I had an insight to author's books who grabbed Bookbub deals. It works will authors who are already selling a good amount of their books. In general, promo sites are not working for favor of indie authors. These are five myths about promo sites: Promo sites give many readers. It is not true, because you will get visibility and many trolls, but not readers. Promo sites...