Skip to main content

You can't learn how to write books




A few times I got a request to show someone how to write books. I should explain to someone the writing process, but without a fee. It should be voluntary work to inform someone how to write a book.

The Internet is full of selfish people. Even if someone tries to hide their personality, it will pop up with their actions. Do you expect something from strangers, not offering anything to return?

The root of writing is inspiration. There is no pattern in how to write. This is a feeling you wear inside, and an inside voice that leads you to throw words on the paper. You must understand the difference between the desire to write and the ability to write.

Some will attend workshops or pay money to learn the basics of writing, but writing without passion is like a song without music.

Hemingway had a lot of typing errors but his work was a masterpiece. 

Today is a problem that everyone thinks he can write a bestseller. A successful writer is one who has reached the audience.

The Internet will offer many possibilities and Amazon is a great tool for indie authors. The market is huge, so you can get lost in the crowd of many books. 

Why don't you believe that you can learn how to write?

First, what is the right solution for me is not a solution for everyone else. I am a pantser, spontaneous and unpredictable. Some will expect the muse to hit them and whisper ideas. I don't expect the hit of inspiration.

My ideas are around me, I just need to open my eyes. Writer block doesn't exist for me. 

Second, everyone who thinks of earning a big money from writing must give up illusions. The expenses of cover, editing, and promotion are too big and only the bestseller author can cover it. You must love books to understand the authors. It is not something you can learn in courses. 


Comments

Eva Pasco said…
There's so much that goes on behind the scenes in the life of a writer. It's not for the faint of heart. As for learning how to write, for the most part, it's baptism by fire.

Popular posts from this blog

Should we respond to negative reviews?

Recently I had a discussion in my social media about negative ratings. There was a situation in Goodreads, where I got two negative reviews on my two books. The point was in the way how the ratings were set up. First rating for my book "Body in the waves" was placed under 5-star review from another reviewer. While the reviewer praising my book, the troll came under to say "This is really bad book." Second rating was described as " Poor author needs writing lessons." Both reviews broke standards of reviewing, because there is no visible evidence that book was downloaded in Kindle unlimited or purchased. It was a clear troll act from a new page, without a profile photo and with a nickname. I reported this to Goodreads and they responded me they are processing this. Meanwhile, I heard from other authors that Goodreads failed to do anything about trolling.  In these terms, Goodreads should delete such profiles and forbid the access because of breaking rules. T...

Why the refund is damaging indie authors?

I understand someone can be disappointed with a book. It is like I was disapointed with my trousers online and returned it. What makes a difference, my trousers were 40 euros. The book was 2.49 cents. This makes return funny, because what can you do with this money? Some readers don't understand story behind the refund. The author will get minus royalties. - 0.13 c in my Kindle report, that will vanish when someone else buy the book. The situation happens. Someone accidentaly clicked and bought a book. A random customer wants a refund. Maybe it was not a random move. Maybe the customer clicked, bought and did not like the book. When you don't like the book choose another options, instead of damaging authors. Write a negative review. Write negative one star rating. Don't purchase another books from this author. Or, maybe to reconsider and read it, again? If you write negative reviews or rate it with 1 or 2 stars, you are making a favor to authors. You are moving algorithms i...

Five myths about promo sites

Recently I asked for a featured Bookbub deal for one of my books. I got response that my book should be free priced and my expense would be 230 dollars. This is really funny, because I could expect people grab my book for free and give me one star (as it happens when books are available for everyone). To pay such amount of money would be waste and without a purpose. I am mix of traditional and indie author. Having a publisher, but not bestseller books, I am looking for ways to increase my book sales. Promo sites like Bookbub are very expensive and they offer their deals for 25% books from authors who applied for this. I had an insight to author's books who grabbed Bookbub deals. It works will authors who are already selling a good amount of their books. In general, promo sites are not working for favor of indie authors. These are five myths about promo sites: Promo sites give many readers. It is not true, because you will get visibility and many trolls, but not readers. Promo sites...