Skip to main content

6 kinds of people you don't wish to collaborate





Making a success with a book sale will demand collaboration. You need to find your community, people you can lean on when your book needs promotion and sales. Following this step will need intuition and adjustment, you need to know with whom you are dealing.

During six years of my writing, I found some respectable people who love my books and I am always willing to spread my circle. Anyone who reads my blog can find my books on Amazon and write an objective review.

Meeting with different people means you need to negotiate. 

In my experience, those characters are not people you wish to collaborate with.

Ignorant people. Were you in a situation where you wait for an answer to your message too long or did you never get an answer? This means you have to deal with an ignorant person, someone who doesn't want to consider you as a contact. Forget this and move on.

Trespasser. This is someone you never talked and the person jumps in your inbox or mail, asking for help. Those are people I always ignore or block. If we never contacted you before, I don't want you to write to me and make demands. Who are you anyway, to ask me for a review or share your book links with me?

A person who gives a lot of promises. "Yes, I will read your book next week. Sorry, next month. I apologize, for next year. " This never happens, because that person had no intention to read your book anyway.

Someone who always asks for a free book. If you can't spare a dollar or two to buy an e-book, you should not ask for a book for free every time. Authors have big expenses by promoting, editing and formatting, and giving books for free is a benefit.

Unacknowledged people. Those are readers who live in the Stone age. If you don't know that e-books exist, if you don't know what is Kindle unlimited or KENP, don't talk to me. You can Google it and educate yourself. If you go into the store with cosmetics, you don't ask for milk, isn't it? 

Also, if a person asks for your book link, and you have it in social media in about me section, this is a sign she is not really interested. The question: "What is your book about?" is stupid, because every book has a blurb and preview, and you can easily find it. 

Rival. This is a person who wants to cooperate with you, but he offers his stuff to reciprocate. Also, this person likes to push you, in a way to give a deadline when you will fill your task. I found a great answer on Twitter on this topic. The author said: "I will buy and read a million books, and then other authors will buy and read my million copies for a return."



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Should we respond to negative reviews?

Recently I had a discussion in my social media about negative ratings. There was a situation in Goodreads, where I got two negative reviews on my two books. The point was in the way how the ratings were set up. First rating for my book "Body in the waves" was placed under 5-star review from another reviewer. While the reviewer praising my book, the troll came under to say "This is really bad book." Second rating was described as " Poor author needs writing lessons." Both reviews broke standards of reviewing, because there is no visible evidence that book was downloaded in Kindle unlimited or purchased. It was a clear troll act from a new page, without a profile photo and with a nickname. I reported this to Goodreads and they responded me they are processing this. Meanwhile, I heard from other authors that Goodreads failed to do anything about trolling.  In these terms, Goodreads should delete such profiles and forbid the access because of breaking rules. T...

Why the refund is damaging indie authors?

I understand someone can be disappointed with a book. It is like I was disapointed with my trousers online and returned it. What makes a difference, my trousers were 40 euros. The book was 2.49 cents. This makes return funny, because what can you do with this money? Some readers don't understand story behind the refund. The author will get minus royalties. - 0.13 c in my Kindle report, that will vanish when someone else buy the book. The situation happens. Someone accidentaly clicked and bought a book. A random customer wants a refund. Maybe it was not a random move. Maybe the customer clicked, bought and did not like the book. When you don't like the book choose another options, instead of damaging authors. Write a negative review. Write negative one star rating. Don't purchase another books from this author. Or, maybe to reconsider and read it, again? If you write negative reviews or rate it with 1 or 2 stars, you are making a favor to authors. You are moving algorithms i...

Five myths about promo sites

Recently I asked for a featured Bookbub deal for one of my books. I got response that my book should be free priced and my expense would be 230 dollars. This is really funny, because I could expect people grab my book for free and give me one star (as it happens when books are available for everyone). To pay such amount of money would be waste and without a purpose. I am mix of traditional and indie author. Having a publisher, but not bestseller books, I am looking for ways to increase my book sales. Promo sites like Bookbub are very expensive and they offer their deals for 25% books from authors who applied for this. I had an insight to author's books who grabbed Bookbub deals. It works will authors who are already selling a good amount of their books. In general, promo sites are not working for favor of indie authors. These are five myths about promo sites: Promo sites give many readers. It is not true, because you will get visibility and many trolls, but not readers. Promo sites...