Skip to main content

I am a pantser - read my stories





When you are reading a book, you will wonder how the story develops. Did the author know from the start how the story will look alike?

Two types of authors who writing stories:

Plotters - they know how the will story looks from the start to the end

Pantsers - they are spontaneous and have ideas, but they don't know how will story develop and what will be the end



I am the second type. Writing a new book for next year, I have 6.500 words and shaped characters, but I don't know many things. I don't know the end, what will be the plot, or whether will there be new characters and surprises are possible.

I am walking on the street and suddenly new ideas come to my mind, and then I am writing a draft, a reminder of what I will write next.

It happens I am deleting some sentences when I see a logical error, and some things are not matching. Sometimes I am in a trap, there is a void in my story. When the bulb turns on, I know how to get out of it. 

All my books are written in this way. 



What is common to my stories:

I love stories on a real basis. I don't have fairies, vampires, or monsters.

I love erotic scenes. It gave passion to the book.

I love adrenaline. The slow-burning story is not for me.

My characters are women with strong attitudes, villains, and people from the margins of society.

My place of action is usually an exotic location.

Someone dies. I focus on motives, to justify the death of my character. 

A fatal woman keeps the story dynamic. The seductress, rebellious woman, black sheep.


Comments

Eva Pasco said…
Interesting dynamics you like to feature in your books.

Popular posts from this blog

Should we respond to negative reviews?

Recently I had a discussion in my social media about negative ratings. There was a situation in Goodreads, where I got two negative reviews on my two books. The point was in the way how the ratings were set up. First rating for my book "Body in the waves" was placed under 5-star review from another reviewer. While the reviewer praising my book, the troll came under to say "This is really bad book." Second rating was described as " Poor author needs writing lessons." Both reviews broke standards of reviewing, because there is no visible evidence that book was downloaded in Kindle unlimited or purchased. It was a clear troll act from a new page, without a profile photo and with a nickname. I reported this to Goodreads and they responded me they are processing this. Meanwhile, I heard from other authors that Goodreads failed to do anything about trolling.  In these terms, Goodreads should delete such profiles and forbid the access because of breaking rules. T...

Why the refund is damaging indie authors?

I understand someone can be disappointed with a book. It is like I was disapointed with my trousers online and returned it. What makes a difference, my trousers were 40 euros. The book was 2.49 cents. This makes return funny, because what can you do with this money? Some readers don't understand story behind the refund. The author will get minus royalties. - 0.13 c in my Kindle report, that will vanish when someone else buy the book. The situation happens. Someone accidentaly clicked and bought a book. A random customer wants a refund. Maybe it was not a random move. Maybe the customer clicked, bought and did not like the book. When you don't like the book choose another options, instead of damaging authors. Write a negative review. Write negative one star rating. Don't purchase another books from this author. Or, maybe to reconsider and read it, again? If you write negative reviews or rate it with 1 or 2 stars, you are making a favor to authors. You are moving algorithms i...

Five myths about promo sites

Recently I asked for a featured Bookbub deal for one of my books. I got response that my book should be free priced and my expense would be 230 dollars. This is really funny, because I could expect people grab my book for free and give me one star (as it happens when books are available for everyone). To pay such amount of money would be waste and without a purpose. I am mix of traditional and indie author. Having a publisher, but not bestseller books, I am looking for ways to increase my book sales. Promo sites like Bookbub are very expensive and they offer their deals for 25% books from authors who applied for this. I had an insight to author's books who grabbed Bookbub deals. It works will authors who are already selling a good amount of their books. In general, promo sites are not working for favor of indie authors. These are five myths about promo sites: Promo sites give many readers. It is not true, because you will get visibility and many trolls, but not readers. Promo sites...