Skip to main content

The book about virtual traps : Lost in the virtual world









I am representing my first book in Amazon, inspired by traps in the virtual world. The Internet is a place where people come to hang out or find love, but what they find is not always what they expected. 
Although people are behind the computers, their thoughts, and expressions are alive. If you say something ugly, you will not hurt just an Internet user, you will hurt someone's soul. 

Why do people commit a suicide because of posts on the Internet? You might ruin someone's life by a threat, an insult, or your behavior. 

This is the age of cold-blooded and ruthless people. The Internet brings an updated version of Darwin's theory: only the strongest survive.



What reviewers said: 

This is the first book by the popular blogger Kristina Gallo, and it’s a well-written, perceptive look at the problems encountered by people on social media. It’s a big subject to take on and won’t be the first to be written. Social media is a relatively new phenomenon and most people are still finding their way around it, discovering both the advantages and the pitfalls. Kristina covers everything from internet dating to fake identities, ‘virtual cheating’, and requests for nude photographs. What she describes will be familiar to many users of Facebook, particularly women. She also takes a good hard look at the many dangers that can befall the gullible and easily manipulated. Like the real world, the internet is a place full of very real dangers. A place where people are not as they seem. A place where people can be unpleasant and duplicitous. All in all, a very interesting read and one I’d recommend to anyone interested in this subject.

This is an intuitive narrative about how much our lives have changed with the development of the internet and social media – it certainly made me reassess my own. It is open and honest, as is the author about herself. It is entertaining and informative with a comprehensive account of the pitfalls we come across and is interspersed with real case studies. I particularly like the tongue-in-cheek humor that surfaced every once in a while, although the subject matter should be taken seriously and the pitfalls noted.


It is not written in the author’s first language but is none-the-less extremely accomplished and adds another dimension to the narrative in that it emphasizes the topics discussed in that we speak on the internet with people from other countries who are not quite so gifted as the author is in our own language.

I found it fascinating as someone who has been subjected to much of what is written, although not responded in quite the same way; it is still intriguing to know just how far some people will go.

This is a young person’s experience of the internet and I suspect a lot of these approaches have been experienced. There is, in fact, a whole raft of other experiences that older people come up against that the author, if not already experienced, will come into contact with, but not for a very long time.

This book is a MUST read for anyone using the internet. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Should we respond to negative reviews?

Recently I had a discussion in my social media about negative ratings. There was a situation in Goodreads, where I got two negative reviews on my two books. The point was in the way how the ratings were set up. First rating for my book "Body in the waves" was placed under 5-star review from another reviewer. While the reviewer praising my book, the troll came under to say "This is really bad book." Second rating was described as " Poor author needs writing lessons." Both reviews broke standards of reviewing, because there is no visible evidence that book was downloaded in Kindle unlimited or purchased. It was a clear troll act from a new page, without a profile photo and with a nickname. I reported this to Goodreads and they responded me they are processing this. Meanwhile, I heard from other authors that Goodreads failed to do anything about trolling.  In these terms, Goodreads should delete such profiles and forbid the access because of breaking rules. T...

Why the refund is damaging indie authors?

I understand someone can be disappointed with a book. It is like I was disapointed with my trousers online and returned it. What makes a difference, my trousers were 40 euros. The book was 2.49 cents. This makes return funny, because what can you do with this money? Some readers don't understand story behind the refund. The author will get minus royalties. - 0.13 c in my Kindle report, that will vanish when someone else buy the book. The situation happens. Someone accidentaly clicked and bought a book. A random customer wants a refund. Maybe it was not a random move. Maybe the customer clicked, bought and did not like the book. When you don't like the book choose another options, instead of damaging authors. Write a negative review. Write negative one star rating. Don't purchase another books from this author. Or, maybe to reconsider and read it, again? If you write negative reviews or rate it with 1 or 2 stars, you are making a favor to authors. You are moving algorithms i...

Five myths about promo sites

Recently I asked for a featured Bookbub deal for one of my books. I got response that my book should be free priced and my expense would be 230 dollars. This is really funny, because I could expect people grab my book for free and give me one star (as it happens when books are available for everyone). To pay such amount of money would be waste and without a purpose. I am mix of traditional and indie author. Having a publisher, but not bestseller books, I am looking for ways to increase my book sales. Promo sites like Bookbub are very expensive and they offer their deals for 25% books from authors who applied for this. I had an insight to author's books who grabbed Bookbub deals. It works will authors who are already selling a good amount of their books. In general, promo sites are not working for favor of indie authors. These are five myths about promo sites: Promo sites give many readers. It is not true, because you will get visibility and many trolls, but not readers. Promo sites...