Skip to main content

Is it relevant what others think about your partner?



Your partner is your choice. He is your source of joy or sadness, problems, or enjoyment, whatever takes.
Recently I read a story about conflict on the Instagram profile. Domagoj Vida, a famous Croatian football player, is married to Ivana, ex-Miss Universe of Croatia. She is very active on Instagram and a follower said to her that her husband is ugly and that she has a good stomach because she is his wife. She replied harshly and searched for the address of the mean follower, which was a woman.

People are mean. Also, people got jealous and envious when someone got rich or became famous. They are asking for flaws and imperfections because when a person is the center of attention; we focus all eyes on him or her. I would say differently if I were in Ivana's place. I would say that I adore my husband and that he would not touch that mean girl even with a stick from the far.
People who are asking for imperfections on other's partners have serious problems.
If someone is not paying your bills, what is the reason to insult him?
Where is the source of such jealousy?

Gossipers are unhappy people. Internet trolls need attention, and they will try to gain this with provocative thoughts and toxic comments.

What does this girl want?

She wanted eyes focused on her.
She wanted a public interest.
She wanted to humiliate another person because she is insecure inside.

I have no habit to comment under famous profiles because it is a waste of time. Also, if someone has a bad opinion about my partner, I will not care about this. This is my choice, and I need not explain to anybody why I chose him.
If you try to justify your romantic choices, you will fall into the trap. Remember, always there will be someone who will think bad about your guy. A jealous ex-boyfriend. A jealous woman. Your jealous workmate who is single.
Smile and walk with him in front of envious people.  One hug and a kiss are enough to make jealous people angrier. You don't have to say anything, love speaks about itself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Should we respond to negative reviews?

Recently I had a discussion in my social media about negative ratings. There was a situation in Goodreads, where I got two negative reviews on my two books. The point was in the way how the ratings were set up. First rating for my book "Body in the waves" was placed under 5-star review from another reviewer. While the reviewer praising my book, the troll came under to say "This is really bad book." Second rating was described as " Poor author needs writing lessons." Both reviews broke standards of reviewing, because there is no visible evidence that book was downloaded in Kindle unlimited or purchased. It was a clear troll act from a new page, without a profile photo and with a nickname. I reported this to Goodreads and they responded me they are processing this. Meanwhile, I heard from other authors that Goodreads failed to do anything about trolling.  In these terms, Goodreads should delete such profiles and forbid the access because of breaking rules. T...

Why the refund is damaging indie authors?

I understand someone can be disappointed with a book. It is like I was disapointed with my trousers online and returned it. What makes a difference, my trousers were 40 euros. The book was 2.49 cents. This makes return funny, because what can you do with this money? Some readers don't understand story behind the refund. The author will get minus royalties. - 0.13 c in my Kindle report, that will vanish when someone else buy the book. The situation happens. Someone accidentaly clicked and bought a book. A random customer wants a refund. Maybe it was not a random move. Maybe the customer clicked, bought and did not like the book. When you don't like the book choose another options, instead of damaging authors. Write a negative review. Write negative one star rating. Don't purchase another books from this author. Or, maybe to reconsider and read it, again? If you write negative reviews or rate it with 1 or 2 stars, you are making a favor to authors. You are moving algorithms i...

Five myths about promo sites

Recently I asked for a featured Bookbub deal for one of my books. I got response that my book should be free priced and my expense would be 230 dollars. This is really funny, because I could expect people grab my book for free and give me one star (as it happens when books are available for everyone). To pay such amount of money would be waste and without a purpose. I am mix of traditional and indie author. Having a publisher, but not bestseller books, I am looking for ways to increase my book sales. Promo sites like Bookbub are very expensive and they offer their deals for 25% books from authors who applied for this. I had an insight to author's books who grabbed Bookbub deals. It works will authors who are already selling a good amount of their books. In general, promo sites are not working for favor of indie authors. These are five myths about promo sites: Promo sites give many readers. It is not true, because you will get visibility and many trolls, but not readers. Promo sites...