Skip to main content

What does friendship with an ex-boyfriend really mean?




Everyone has ex - relationships. We build our experiences through failed relationships; we jump in the romances which will not end well. Maybe we know from the beginning there is no future, but it tempts us. Then we make an attempt and it fails.

Every past relationship is not a bitter experience. After we froze our feelings and time pass, we could change our romance to friendship. Yes, that person is still in our life, just with a different role. We are not kissing and cuddling anymore, we just want to be there as support. 

There is no problem if we have an agreement. You know where is the line. I will talk to you and you have my loyalty, but it doesn't mean that I will jump in your bed when you get horny. If I was in your bed once, it doesn't mean I must do this forever. 

The problem appears when your ex uses your friendship like an intro in a sex adventure. So, I am listening to you, and now I will hug you and you will be mine again. You will be in my bed because it is not the first time.

There is a reason someone is your ex-love.



Your relationship failed because of a big expectation.
Some of you cheated.

Your ex never had time for you.

Your ex left you because of another person.

Your ex ignored your wishes. 


When something was good in your past relationship, your ex could fake friendship and stick to a reason which connected you. 

For example:

You are weak on him because he made you smile.

He was a great lover.

He knew your secrets.

He understood your bad mood for a hot temper.


Every relationship taught us, but it once was over and years passed, it is a wrong way to get back. 

Maybe you are not the same person now.  
You progressed, and he is still standing in one place. 
His ego is so big that he thinks you will wait for him forever. 
He could not find a suitable match, so he came back to you.

Sometimes, friendship with an ex is not possible, because every time you talk to him, he wants to use this situation to make intimacy. This chapter is over for you, so say no. If only silence can prevent you from manipulation, use ignorance. Unspoken words are powerful. You save your time and show your attitude silently. 

Another thing is if you want to set a fire between you and him again. This depends on you, but don't let someone drag you into the illusion which happened before. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Should we respond to negative reviews?

Recently I had a discussion in my social media about negative ratings. There was a situation in Goodreads, where I got two negative reviews on my two books. The point was in the way how the ratings were set up. First rating for my book "Body in the waves" was placed under 5-star review from another reviewer. While the reviewer praising my book, the troll came under to say "This is really bad book." Second rating was described as " Poor author needs writing lessons." Both reviews broke standards of reviewing, because there is no visible evidence that book was downloaded in Kindle unlimited or purchased. It was a clear troll act from a new page, without a profile photo and with a nickname. I reported this to Goodreads and they responded me they are processing this. Meanwhile, I heard from other authors that Goodreads failed to do anything about trolling.  In these terms, Goodreads should delete such profiles and forbid the access because of breaking rules. T...

Why the refund is damaging indie authors?

I understand someone can be disappointed with a book. It is like I was disapointed with my trousers online and returned it. What makes a difference, my trousers were 40 euros. The book was 2.49 cents. This makes return funny, because what can you do with this money? Some readers don't understand story behind the refund. The author will get minus royalties. - 0.13 c in my Kindle report, that will vanish when someone else buy the book. The situation happens. Someone accidentaly clicked and bought a book. A random customer wants a refund. Maybe it was not a random move. Maybe the customer clicked, bought and did not like the book. When you don't like the book choose another options, instead of damaging authors. Write a negative review. Write negative one star rating. Don't purchase another books from this author. Or, maybe to reconsider and read it, again? If you write negative reviews or rate it with 1 or 2 stars, you are making a favor to authors. You are moving algorithms i...

Five myths about promo sites

Recently I asked for a featured Bookbub deal for one of my books. I got response that my book should be free priced and my expense would be 230 dollars. This is really funny, because I could expect people grab my book for free and give me one star (as it happens when books are available for everyone). To pay such amount of money would be waste and without a purpose. I am mix of traditional and indie author. Having a publisher, but not bestseller books, I am looking for ways to increase my book sales. Promo sites like Bookbub are very expensive and they offer their deals for 25% books from authors who applied for this. I had an insight to author's books who grabbed Bookbub deals. It works will authors who are already selling a good amount of their books. In general, promo sites are not working for favor of indie authors. These are five myths about promo sites: Promo sites give many readers. It is not true, because you will get visibility and many trolls, but not readers. Promo sites...